[COMPOST] COMPOST Call for Pitches

Mai Ishikawa Sutton mai at compost.digital
Thu Dec 3 17:24:55 EST 2020

Hi there,

This is Mai Ishikawa Sutton, Co-Founding Editor of COMPOST. Thank you so
much for signing up for our mailing list!

So maybe we leaned too hard on our promise that this would be a "low
traffic" mailing list because I am only now emailing you about our Call for
Pitches. We’re accepting pitches until next week, Tues 8 December, end of
day wherever you are. Please forward the CFP to anyone you know who might
be interested.

One insider tip that I'll give you as a subscriber — make sure to read the
entire CFP page. We tried to be as descriptive as possible for the kinds of
works we're looking for, as well as the level of participation we will be
requiring from contributors. To submit a pitch, make sure to fill out all
the questions in the template we’ve provided.

Please email me if you have any questions. We'll be much more (but not too
much more) in touch, we promise.

Hope you're staying well and safe this holiday season.

Warmly,
Mai

P.S. We're on Twitter <https://twitter.com/COMPOSTmag> and Mastodon
<https://social.coop/web/accounts/231317> — @compost at social.coop! Follow us
there for timely tidbits about COMPOST and other news/tweets/toots we think
resonate with what we're doing (digital commons, labor of care, & creative
experimentation on the webs).

*~* *~* *~* *~*

We are thrilled to announce our call for pitches for the first issue of
COMPOST magazine!

We’re a magazine about the digital commons. But we also see it as a process
to metabolize and renew our relationships with the Web, to imagine and
build interdependent, equitable, and solidarity-based systems of
communication and knowledge sharing.

The theme of the first issue is fertile grounds. As large swathes of the
Web decay, we want to explore how its remains can help new networks
flourish. We are looking for works that are approachable, intimate, and
grounded in experience. We encourage contributors to examine the Web from a
place of abundance, to reflect on the projects, communities, technologies,
protocols, and networks that enable authentic and trustful connections.

DEADLINE 8 DEC 2020.

Details here: https://compost.digital